What is VAT Relief?
If you are purchasing an item that can be used to help, assist or aid a long term medical condition or chronic illness then you could be eligible for VAT Relief - a saving of 20%.
Do I meet the criteria?
You are eligible for VAT Relief if:
- the person who will use the item(s) is 'chronically sick or disabled' and;
- the item(s) are for personal or domestic use
Chronically sick or disabled is defined as a physical or mental impairment, chronic ailment or terminal illness. This can be self-declared by the purchaser or end user by providing us with a specific medical condition.
What medical conditions are accepted?
All known chronic medical conditions are accepted as long as they are applicable to the user and product for which they are purchasing. This can include but not limited to;
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
For more information or advice, please contact us.
How can I claim VAT Relief?
When placing your order online, you can tick the VAT Exemption box. We will then require written declaration to claim your entitlement for VAT Relief. In most cases this declaration will be a statement of your chronic medical condition as detailed above.
Please download and complete the VAT exemption form below if you are eligible for VAT Relief. This will enable us to allocate VAT Relief to your order and ensure that your delivery is processed efficiently.
Once completed please return to ZTW Mobility either by email or post. We cannot send out any goods until either the VAT is paid or we receive a completed VAT exemption form.
VAT Exemption Terms
By ticking the VAT Relief Exempt boxes you agree to the following:
- You are a registered charity, are chronically sick or disabled or the products are being purchased on behalf of an individual who is chronically sick or disabled.
- The product being supplied by ZTW Mobility are for personal or domestic use.
- You claim that the supply of the product is eligible for relief from VAT under the VAT Act 1994.
As an example if you suffer from a long term walking and mobility problem you would be eligible for VAT relief on scooters, wheelchairs and walking sticks.
Please note there are penalties for making false declarations
If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive goods or services zero-rated for VAT you should consult VAT Notice 701/7 relief's for disabled people or contact the National Advice Services on 0845 010 9000 before signing the declaration.